Zen is a school of Buddhism that emphasises meditation and mindfulness to attain enlightenment. Some Zen techniques include:
1. Zazen: Sitting meditation, focusing on your breath or a koan (a paradoxical question or statement).
2. Kinhin: Walking meditation, where every step is mindful and deliberate.
3. Koans: Riddles or paradoxical questions to contemplate deeply.
4. Sesshin: Intensive meditation retreats, often lasting several days.
5. Mindful eating: Eating with full awareness of each bite.
6. Shikantaza: “Just sitting” without a specific focus, allowing thoughts to come and go.
7. Rinzai and Soto practices: Different Zen schools with unique approaches to meditation.
Zen aims to cultivate mindfulness, presence, and a deeper understanding of the self and reality.
Practise this at least for 5-7 minutes each day.
Also read about Self Awareness –